Wednesday, 3 November 2010

In Space no-one can hear you eat a banana

I've been toying with this pic for a while*

the basic idea is that this is the result of some cold war experiment about creating genetically and cybernetically modified space warriors. Of course. 

Naturally chimps would be natural test subjects

And obviously things would go very very wrong. When will we learn?

I'd love to take this further and make a full 3d sculpt, but time and my attention span are both incredibly limited...

*i WAS going to do this for the cghub warriors challenge, but on the first page theres already a similar entry. I never said i was  original*



MR. BONGO GOES TO (space)WAR




CLOSEUP




Some further idea developlment - EXOSKELETON!!!



3 comments:

  1. Cool! The exosceleton stuff reminded me of Florian Satzinger:
    http://theartcenter.blogspot.com/2010/04/florian-satzinger-gravity.html
    I'd love to see this finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Aidan! I love the foreshortening on his legs and his terrifying monkey visage. I'm guessing this chimp hit the left button one too many times and ran out of bananas. Now he's out for revenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great galloping space monkeys, Aidan!!!

    Ace picture :)

    ReplyDelete